The things that matter in life.

The things that matter in life.
The things that matter in life.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Snippits from George Washington's 1779 Speech to the Delaware Chiefs

You may judge Barack Hussein Obama as our elected Commander-in-Chief as you will, but assuredly, Ron Paul would abdicate Washington's pledge completely.
-
Brothers: I am a Warrior. My words are few and plain; but I will make good what I say. 'Tis my business to destroy all the Enemies of these States and to protect their friends....
...
Brothers: Listen well to what I tell you and let it sink deep into your Hearts. We love our friends, and will be faithful to them, as long as they will be faithful to us....  But we have sworn to take vengeance on our Enemies, and on false friends. The other day, a handful of our young men destroyed the settlement of [an enemy nation]. They burnt down all their Houses, destroyed their grain and Horses and Cattle, took their Arms away, killed several of their Warriors and brought off many prisoners and obliged the rest to fly into the woods. This is but the beginning of the troubles which those Nations, who have taken up the Hatchet against us, will feel.